In our everyday lives we face ups and downs and we are forced to react to the situations around us. Over the last two years I have myself frozen with fear of failure. As I reacted and grew in the midst of these situations, I began to realize that there is a series of reactions that I believe every person faces during these times of uncertainty.
1. Get Depressed: We, as humans, are planners. We map out our "next step" and we expect them to go perfectly. When storms starts jolting us out of our comfort zone we often get upset and that then leads to depression. Before we know it that seed of depression grows into a Weeping Willow of self-doubt and destructive behavior.
2. Learn from the situation: When we go through stages of depression, we are often confused about our purpose or our personal expectation of ourselves. When we take time to dig deep into ourselves we will discover more about who we are and what we want to contribute to this life as well as what we want to gain from this life.
3. Take your opportunity: As we walk the path of self-discovery we must also re-discover who God is. Through this journey, we will re-construct our relationship with God and begin to understand and even discover our purpose that is hand-given by God.
4. Allow yourself to struggle: Too often we believe that if we are struggling through life or through our jobs or our relationships that we have lost God's blessing in our lives. NOT TRUE! the Apostle Paul speaks on this clearly when he wrote, " Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4.
THERE IS A PURPOSE TO OUR STRUGGLING!
5. God is with us: I know that have conditioned ourselves to believe that in times of our brokenness, or in difficult times, that God abandons us. That is also not true. God loves us too much to leave us with no hope. Our hope only shows up when we have persevered through the difficult time.
Anthony K. Giesick
I grew up loving stories and quickly found myself loving writing poetry, stories, songs! Here is a sample of what Beautiful Feet Writings is all about!.