"Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her public disgrace, he had a mind to divorce her quietly. " Matthew 1:19
what may be going through Joseph mind:
1. he may feel betrayed by Mary.
2.he may feel hurt deeply by the news.
3. he may feel cheated and embarrassed if it becomes public.
4. he may feel unloved or not valued as "husband"
How he acted:
1.He put Mary's self-esteem/image/reputation before his own.
2.He acted out of love toward Mary, even though he was possibly hurt.
3. He acted out in faith/ obedience when the angel of the LORD appeared to him.
4. He didn't choose to jump to irrational conclusions towards Mary.
5. He forgave and loved Mary.
1. Would we react this way toward those who "hurt" us?
2. Have we ever felt betrayed or hurt by someone we loved? How would we react at first?
3. Do we put the other person's needs above our own, even if we are hurting?
4. In this situation, would we see this as a way that God is working all things for good?
Anthony K. Giesick
Actions are taken everyday that help make this world better and I just want to share them with you.